Thursday, December 15, 2011

To play or not to play..................


One of the best football teams out there right now is the Denver Broncos. The reason for this is because of team work, practice and a good QB. Their Quarter Back is a young man by the name of Tim Tebow.



Tim is a Christian, Homeschooled grad who graduated from the University of Florida in 2010. After that, he was drafted by the Broncos.



Tim Tebow is an outspoken Christian and lives his life in a godly manner, whether he is on or off the field.  After a Touch-Down, he will point to God or kneel and pray giving thanks. Because of this, he has become a target by the media, the left, and people that just don't like Christians. But why? Other people point to heaven after hitting a home run, or scoring a touch-down, so why do they hate him?  Because he lives his life according to the Word of God.  In Major League Sports, you are supposed to be a crowd pleaser, but not a God pleaser. Tebow is a God pleaser.  And for that, God has blessed him and his team. The Broncos have won six straight games.



There has been some discussion on whether or not he should play football because of the bad influences.  I agree that the sports world is a pretty bad place, but could it be that Tim could be a good influence on the sports world?  We know from the Bible that Paul the Apostle changed the world! Also, look at what Jesus said in the Sermon on the Mount.

"You are the salt of the earth; but if salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men. You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lamp stand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father  in heaven." ~ Matthew 5:13-16



I believe that as long as Tim Tebow does not get pulled away from God, that he can play football.



I don't know how you feel, but that is what I think.

What he chooses to do is up to him and God.



Sunday is the Patriots, Broncos game. Even thou I am from NH, I'll be rooting for Tebow!

15 comments:

  1. Amen. Great post! My brother for some time has been reading his book, and found it very enjoyable. I believe he's a very Godly man and it's good he's able to make an impact.

    They're playing Sunday? Man, I'm out of the circle. If I watch it I'll be rooting for them, if not only because I really don't like the Patriots :P

    Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew,
    Yes they are playing Sunday. I am not sure where.
    I don't like the Pats eather.
    Is the book your brother reading called "Through my eyes"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I believe that is what it's called. I don't watch a lot of football, but he and Dad do so they keep me informed on who won and who's going to which bowl or championship :)

    Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont watch football eather. A bunch of 300 lbs. guys killing each other over a air filled pig skin? Not for me!
    I like the game where you hit the flying ball with the big stick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, never thought of it that way before :P
    Sounds dangerous!
    Actually, I don't really watch sports, unless my family is watching football. But I enjoy playing them sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to listen to baseball on the radio, so I can listen and work at the same time.
    Sometimes we play football at scouts. That's a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tebow is great but....GO PATRIOTS!!!! 4ever

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like listening to things while working also. It's fun and makes the work go faster!

    I love playing sports with the Scouts! The problem with football though is that I'm best at passing the ball and running the ball. But we have some slow quarterbacks and made the rule that quarterbacks can't run, since they know my brother and I will always run touchdowns (we're the fastest) so it makes it hard for me to find a position that fits.

    Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  9. Matthew,
    It is hard to find the right spot in football. The only thing I can do with the ball is kick it!

    Paul,
    I will take up the Broncos/Pats problem with you tomorrow at church! Don't come crying to me when Tebow knocks the pants of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They lost! *sobs*

    But the Patriots are still not as good of a team as the Steelers, Broncos, and just about everyone else :P Just because you win the battle doesn't mean you're going to win the war!

    Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know, we were listening to the game on the way to church last night. The Pats commentators were badmouthing tebow the hole time.
    Oh well, it's not the end of the world. tebow will Crush em' next time! Got that Paul!
    Go Broncos 4ever!
    Matthew, do you like the steelers? The steelers are a good team! My best friend Chris likes the Steelers too!
    I will be updating sometime soon!
    God Bless
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Pat's defense is the worst ever... But you cannot criticize there incredible offense haha. I Wish I could have watched the game, I'm sure it was a good one, but the outcome is whats important! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do, our family has liked the Steelers for... well... before I was born. So I just jumped into it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like our family with the Red Sox!

    ReplyDelete