Monday, January 14, 2013

Hike

Today was really nice weather. The sun came out and it got up to about 60. Most of the snow is melted now, but don't worry, we will be getting more on Wednesday. Anywho, I was able to go for a little hike out on so logging roads out behind our house. It was really peaceful and quiet. I saw a couple of hawks, a squirrel and a fox, along with the tracks of that eight point buck i have been wanting to shoot!!!!!! The road goes next to some thick Hemlock groves and next to a brook. I guess there is a mine out there and the Granite they got from it was used the build the dam at the lake here in town. It is the only dam in NH that is still made out of Granite. There are some really cool rock formations out there, too. on of which is at the very top of the tallest point in the neighboring town in the middle of a small pond. it is really cool looking! It looks like a table, with a rock with a hole in the middle of it. I will have to get a picture of it.
Thanks for reading my ramblings!

No comments:

Post a Comment