Thursday, March 3, 2011

From Boy to Man: Enduring Pain

This is one of the things I've heard a lot around our home! "Tough it up, Bud!" If I stubbed my toe and got upset, you can be sure that my brother Chris, who is 8 years older than me, would tell me that! Loud and clear, too!!!!
It was annoying at the time, but after a while I learned to "Tough it up" and am learning to endure pain. I often watch my dad put wood on our wood stove. He will hold on to the log with his bare hand and put it in the fire like that! 'How can he do that?' I wondered.
I soon found out why! My dad can endure pain!
(Be sure you under stand that I am not trying to take jobs away from doctors, I know that some pain is to much to endure! I am talking about the "I stubbed my toe" kind of pain.)
After 13 years of life I found out two things that comfort me when I am in pain:
1. Pain will not last forever. I will only be in pain for so long! If I stub my toe, the pain will not last. If I brake my arm, the pain will not last! And if I end up having pain for all my life, I won't have it in heaven!
2. Jesus went through it too! He died the most painful death that a man could die! And he endured the pain! Yea, it hurt and it hurt a lot, but the Bible does not say that Jesus said "This hurts! Make it stop!" Jesus never said that! Jesus asked God in the garden to keep him from going through the pain and suffering but He also said "Your will be done!"
If it's God's will that we go through pain then let God's will be done!

I have heard a lot of boys saying "It hurts! Make it stop" about the littlest thing!
But as long as we live on earth we will always have pain! So I will say this to you and myself as I learn to endure pain: "Tough it up and be the man God made you to be!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment